Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Dress!!!

Dear Diary,

I had to share the experience that I had of finding my wedding dress and finding the bridesmaids dresses. First, I was fortunate enough to be able to get all the girls together for a trip to David's Bridal. Botleft was courteous enough to host us and let us stay at her home.

I have a feeling that I might different in my approach for this wedding shopping deal... I wanted to start with the bridesmaids first (I'm
going to have to learn to put myself first for this whole ordeal). The lady helping us at DB asked what I was looking for for them. I told her, "I don't care what the dresses look like, as long as they were in the color I wanted. I preferred that they were all in the same style of dress, but other than that... it was up to them." This through them off... I was asked if about style of the dress and such... I stated again, as long as it's the color that I didn't care for how it looked. I know that this isn't the typical approach to bridesmaids dresses, but I wanted my girls to have a say and be comfortable in their dresses. They very quickly were able to find a style that they agreed on. I couldn't have done a better job myself! They picked a beautiful dress made with a cotton sateen fabric AND it has pockets! It will be perfect for a beach wedding!!!

Now to my dress! I don't know how the first few dresses showed up... I know I didn't pick them out of the catalog. I don't know if the lady helping us grabbed them based on what I had described as one that I had liked or what... doesn't matter I suppose. The dressing rooms were tiny and the dresses had some POOF! The dress was HEAVY (might be the one where Sassy pulled her shoulder a bit). It was heavy, but PERFECT. It shrunk my waist (until we added a color ribbon, which shrunk it more!). I didn't have a bunch of dresses I wanted to see... I kept asking the girls to pick some out for me. (I know it's my wedding, but I value these three married women's opinions.) It was a surprise (but not) that they imagined me doing a vintage style wedding. (I agreed that if I was doing a church wedding then I probably would.) So the attendant brought over a dress that was a little bit what they imagined and a little bit what I liked. I have to admit, I fell in love with this dress too! (UGH! I'm so indecisive, this is NOT a good mix.) Then once the DB worker started to 'decorate' me (adding the veil and such), I fell in love a little more... I went on to try on MANY different dresses, but the girls admitted that my reaction wasn't the same as it was for the first one.

I had to do one last double-check to be sure it was the one, so on it went. When I came out I was 'decorated' (since we didn't do it the first time) and YES! This is it! Now here's the new dilemma... I don't know if I can 100% trash it.

So no pics for you of the dress... you will have to wait until next year to see it. I do have it online, so some people have been able to see the dress (and me in it) upon request. I can't have the groom see it! (Bad juju!) I had a wonderful experience and my girls were all able to get together... for a little bonding time! These are my ideas for a perfect wedding to happen!

1 comment:

TB said...

now my dear lovely cousin, i would LOVE To see the dress :) zip a link my way??? :) i am so happy for you!


This template is brought to you by :AllBlogTools.com Blogger Templates