Dear Diary,
Years ago, I saw this news report on 'Trashing Your Wedding Dress' and fell in LOVE with the idea... yes even before there was a man in plan. I completely agree... why would I spend money to have it preserved and collect dust, to just look at the box and say, "oh it was so beautiful." OR why would I expect my daughter to wear the dress? (That's part of the fun... finding THE dress) Instead, why wouldn't I want to create some fantastic memories, celebrate marriage, and wear the dress more than once...
So here's what I've learned... My hairdresser is the only other person who has wanted to do this too. She gave me a lot of tips, since she was thinking about going extreme. Start with the simpler ones first and working your way to fully trashing the dress. (hmmmm, that's smart) She also suggested doing some research... so I did. I now have quite the list of things I'm considering and I want to put them down so I don't forget them. Ready? Here we go...
*****
1. Take the disc golf basket (that will be our guest book) and possibly mini discs into a field that has is surrounded by a terrific view (maybe Sleeping Bear dunes) and play disc golf in the dress in a gorgeous setting.
2. Go into a stream (Spunkys house) that is full of lush green around and represents northern Michigan.
3. Go into the Trout Fountain in Kalkaska.
(notice so far said dress is not too trashed)
4. Play Rugby... have the Blues do the lift when throwing the ball back in... maybe get into a scrum. Not sure, but I'm willing to be that the Traverse City Blues team will help me out.
(yes, I'm trying to incorporate things Rockstar and I like to do together in the trashing of the dress)
5. (and the original thought) Try to recreate the scene from "I Love Lucy" where she was stomping the grapes in a barrel. (Handk
erchief and all)*****
I'm not planning on paying a ton for my dress (I'm also practical). I will save a chunk of the dress to make a Christening gown or set of Handkerchiefs for my kids... they can use that for their wedding. I want to create memories of what will truly be a GREAT moment in my life. I want and hope friends will join me... that might mean the girls trashing their bridesmaid dresses. Good times! You know I love them!

1 comment:
if you crush grapes, can i join you in my wedding dress? :)
Post a Comment