Monday, March 1, 2010

My Aha! Moment of the Day!

Dear Diary,

This whole getting engaged thing... something hit me today. Yesterday morning, I took a picture of my hand and sent out a mass text to my friends and family (missed one person, oops). Then I changed my status on Facebook. Some I think were hurt that I didn't call them and start screaming in to the phone... I think I figured out why.

I don't mind attention being directed towards me. I don't mind being acknowledged for a job well done. That is fairly easy for me to take. However, I don't easily do: LOOK AT ME! I'M ENGAGED! That's not my style. (I even found it difficult to take compliments after the last time I got my hair done.)

Today at school was a good thing. Many people that I work with were just coming up and saying "Congrats!" and "Let me see it!" This made it a lot easier for me, so I wasn't going to everyone and telling them myself. I did tell a few people who wouldn't have known otherwise and I wanted to tell.

A friend kept asking me how I was feeling and if I was still numb? I am numb. I'm also started to get more excited... of course I'm excited to marry Rockstar! He's my world! This experience is so surreal. I was a person who never went past six months and now I have managed to be with this one man for a year and NOW we're engaged. WOWSA!!!! It's a lot for me to take in!

I'll keep digesting it and keep getting more and more excited! I'm loving and appreciating that support that has already been sent my way... my friends and family are the most important thing to me and to get their support is huge! Love you all!

No comments:


This template is brought to you by :AllBlogTools.com Blogger Templates