Dear Diary, Just to get some of these thoughts out of my head, I want to talk about what I know for sure in preparation for the wedding. It's over a year a way, but time to start thinking...
Caterer? We're going to talk to one of the rugby guys. He did all the cooking for the Rugby Award dinner and it was fantastic! Photographer? Paxton Photography. My friend Meg. She takes amazing pictures and knows how to capture the moment.
Florists? Janis' Flowers. I worked with her many moons ago when I graduated high school. She went on to open her own flower shop and does amazing things!
Jeweler? Martineks. Andrew's friend Paul owns this jewelery store in TC. The ring I have needs metal added, plus we also know that we can trust him. We still need to get his band and ring for me.
Wedding? SIMPLE! I don't need a big show... no major pomp and circumstance. I want it to be lovely and people to feel the love that we feel for each other. I want certain people to be involved...
After the wedding? Trash the Dress! I heard about this years ago... that brides, after the wedding, would go and in some creative way, trash their dress. I love this idea. I'm not willing to pay the money to preserve it. I don't expect a daughter of mine to wear the dress for her wedding. I'll never wear it again. So instead I want to create more FANTASTIC memories of trashing the dress. I'll invite others to join me. I would like to recreate the scene from 'I Love Lucy' where she is stomping grapes in the wine barrel. Then afterwards, I will get a few chunks turned into handkerchiefs or something and pass that on to my daughter.
Just a few of my thoughts... Here's a couple more:
1. I think four on each side.
2. I would like it to be outside.
3. I would like it to be near hotels.
4. I would like Pami to give the prayer at the dinner.
5. I would like skip some of the goofy traditions, like the garter and bouquet toss.
6. I would like to try and incorporate his national flower, Protea.
Okay, this is a good start. I have lots of friends I can talk to about things I saw from their weddings that I loved. I guess that's the good thing about being one of the last ones to get married. :)

1 comment:
I cannot wait for your wedding :) I love you!
Post a Comment