Wednesday, February 3, 2010

State of the STATE


Dear Diary,

I realize that this isn't the greatest image above, but it's still not bad. You get the idea... Governor Granholm gave her final State of the State Address. Looking at the bigger text above, I'm not surprised: Michigan, Jobs, State, Economy. But what should make you and I nervous is that one city's name stand out, Detroit. Many say that she doesn't recognize the areas north of the middle of the state. Her focus is on the southern area of the state. I would mostly agree.

I was expecting to see more 'big' words related to education. I was expecting to see recommended changes to the way teachers and other state employees are compensated: aka 3% pay cut and no extra benefits on your retirement once you've hit 30 years. Both would have a significant impact on the Michigan's budget and might help schools. (Yes, I'm biased)

Curious on what she said? Click here to read it for yourself.

No comments:


This template is brought to you by :AllBlogTools.com Blogger Templates