Sunday, January 31, 2010

"We will move forward, we will move upward, and yes, we will move onward." Dan Quayle

Dear Diary,

As we are still coming into a new year, I keep thinking back to experiences from 2009. There was sadness, moments of fear, and times to grow... All will make me a stronger person. From those memories, I've decided that there's a lot I'm looking forward to in the coming year...

Near Future:
* Microwbrew Festival at the Grand Traverse Resort. This will celebrate the one year anniversary of when Andrew and I met. What better way to celebrate than drink quality brews, listen to good music, and go on a sleigh ride? Oh yeah, stay at the Resort so we don't have to travel afterwards.

* Celebrating our one year anniversary together. (February 27)

Semi-Near Future:
* MACUL Conference. It's the Computer Conference for teachers. I've gone to it for the last 5 years and was sad that since I wasn't teaching computers this year that I wasn't going to be able to go. I guess though, the school had some grant money to use for technology, so Woo hoo! I'm going to GR March 11 and 12 to look for tech to use with my little ones.

* Traverse City Blues Rugby. I've hung out with these guys a couple of times, outside the rugby season. We've gone to see Invictus and then last night at the Awards dinner. What I've learned is that this is a great group of fellas. The Blues bring together past and present team members and others who used to play it, like Rockstar. They greet me everytime with a warm smile and a hug or a handshake, including their wives. I can't wait for their Spring season to start up.

Further Away Future:
* The small amount of warm weather we've had recently has made me antsy for CAMPING! I can't wait to go camping this summer. I'm also excited about the people who will be joining us. We will have some amazing adventures this summer!

* Grilling out with friends. I love having people over... chatting, drinking, grilling, laughing. Sitting outside in the warmth of the summer air and the warmth of good company is such a wonderful feeling. We are lucky to have such caring and true friends in the area... I consider us to be better people by having those kinds of people in our lives.

* The future that I and Rockstar will create together. I know that he is the one I'm meant to be with and I get excited just thinking about what that life will be like. He takes such good care of me. I love him!

Things That May Happen:
* Master of Arts in Educational Technology (MSU) will be offering a refresher course this summer in Rouen, France. It is so tempting to do this since I love the instructor and I know that the material covered would be current, relevant, challenging, and thrilling. BUT I would be looking at a lot of money that I just don't think I can spend.

* Spring Break with Kiki. :) Last year we went to Washington DC and had an amazing time! We keep talking about this Spring Break and the possibility of the boys coming with us.

* * * * * * * *
I'm sure that as the months creep by, I'll be sad to see thing come and go, but will look forward to more new moments to come. I'm confident that 2010 will be rich with memories and can't help but wonder what happiness will come.

What are you most looking forward to?

No comments:


This template is brought to you by :AllBlogTools.com Blogger Templates