So it's a New Year, which means new promises... or does it? I really don't like the idea of saying here are things I WILL do in the year to come..
. I'm going to make goals, instead, and hope that I follow through on them. I want some of my goals to be fun and some to help me be a better, more responsible person. 1. I really do need to make a budget and stick it to. If I can do that, then I can start to look at setting aside money for more important things: retirement, family, etc. Financial responsibility is something that I need to be much better about. I need to start looking at the grand scheme of things.
2. I want to do Project 365. It's where you take a picture of something every day that expresses a feeling, a moment, an experience, something for that day. I'll be posting them in Facebook, so if you're a friend keep your eyes open. I like taking pictures and I think this is a good way to look back on the year. If nothing else in the past year I've learned to cherish every moment because you don't know when thing might change.
3. Become better at being domesticated. Yes... me. I feel a strong need to become a better cook, cleaner, etc. I've done fine on my own for the last few years, but now that it's Rockstar and I... well... i just need to be better.
4. Become more aggressive about keeping my job... yes, that means involved in my union. Once again, the district is looking at cutting a million dollars from the budget. Last year, I was very close to being put on lay off... I would really like to keep my job. So, I will start attending union meetings and becoming involved. I of course will keep trying my best at teaching Junior Kindergarten, but I need to start protecting the job I have.
5. Last, but not least... losing weight, becoming fit, and eating better. Of course these are on everyone's lists... but why not. At school they are starting up Biggest Loser, that will be a good motivation. Since I've started dating Rockstar... I've put on weight. We've had a lot more beer in the house, plus a lot more meals out. I've done it before, I can do it again. I used a website to help me, www.sparkpeople.com. It's free and helps you create a fitness plan, menu, shopping list, exercises... everything. I love it! So, Monday is the first weigh in... and then the games on.
Now, I'm thinking that these are some good goals. Some are quite 'traditional' resolutions, oops I mean goals... but, again, I ask... why not? Good luck on your goals!
Happy New Year!

No comments:
Post a Comment