Monday, February 9, 2009

"I think readers, men as well as women, will emerge from these pages feeling more free within them-selves -- and about each other." --Gloria Steinem


Dear Diary,

So now that I have an iPod (which I still truly love), I can start a new hobby, for lack of a better term. I know that there are LOTS of GREAT books out there, but I just get SOOOOOO bored reading them. I would much rather being doing things. I'm good with reading blogs, newspapers, and magazines. There have been some books that I will fly through (ahem, Harry Potter!). Anyways, I was talked into trying audiobooks. Hmmm, why should I? I can't handle reading them, how would listening be any better? Well, how wrong I was! I love audiobooks... I can get so much done AND if the book is really good, then I get more cleaning done. Books read and clean house at the same time? How can this be a bad thing? Why would I blog about such a dull topic... let me tell you about the book I was looking forward to "reading" for February.

Back in college, Tammy and I went to see Vagina Monologues put on by the local theatre group. The event was done one V-Day... could be Valentine's Day, but instead it was Vagina Day. It was a VERY powerful show. I felt a new form of women's empowerment that came from one simple word. Plus, it was a Valentine's Day that I would never forget. So as I started going through Audible, trying to find the next perfect book... it was a no brainer. This year, V-Day would have more than one meaning.

Think this is just for women? Fellas if you're feeling strong and want to try and understand women a little more than what you think you do... Then you NEED to read, watch, or listen to this book turned off-broadway show. Ladies, if you haven't heard of this then get a hold of me and I will get you a copy. Yes! It's that powerful!!!

Now, it looks like Planned Parenthood is or was going to put on the show tonight and tomorrow night. But from when I found the original post to now, there doesn't seem to be any advertising going on for it. Que sera sera! I will go and see the show again at some point. Happy V-Day!!!

No comments:


This template is brought to you by :AllBlogTools.com Blogger Templates