It seems like recently the thing to do on FaceBook is to post a note (rules below) called 25 Things About Me. It actually ended up being a good reflective activity... discover what are you willing to share with your friends. Are you truly revealing yourself or just what we want them to see? (Which I have learned that TRUE friends see right through your mask.) The fun part is that after I posted it I kept thinking of other things to add to the list. Good times!
I did like this though... I got to see into my friends a little bit and was reminded of some of the silliness... Silliness is always a good thing. I think I will try this with students some time... Maybe my movie making class or my web creation group. I think that they would like this assignment. I wouldn't receive too many mind-blowing statements, but it would be good. Anyways, if you are interested in how this works or to see what I wrote, keep on reading.
Rules:
Once you've been "tagged", you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things/facts/habits/goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.
(To do this, go to "notes" under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)
1. I'm still single, with my own home, 1 dog and 2 cats.
2. I could have put each of those things as #'s 2, 3, 4, and 5, but that's not what defines me.
3. I am fiercely independent, almost to a flaw at times.
4. I am completely stubborn... is that a family trait?
5. Finally got my Master's degree this past summer, with a 4.0. Who knew that if you truly LOVE something, you're grades could be that good?
6. I love technology and finding new ways to tie it into the education system.
7. I'm also a BIG believer in Karma! ;)
8. I have a become a supporter of the belief that "friends are the family you get to pick" and LOVE that knew part of my family!
9. I feel EXTREMELY blessed to have such a close extended family... who can appreciate my dorkiness.
10. I tend to date guys who are more domesticated than I am... I hope that's just a late developing gene. :)
11. I was lucky enough to travel 7 countries in 14 days.
12. I was a band geek for 7 years.
13. I am a procrastinator... I unfortunately can find something to do other than what I am supposed to be doing. It's one of my biggest flaws.
14. I have no fear of talking in front a group of kids, no matter how large in number... but when it comes to adults, I become very self-conscious.
15. I am a control freak in almost every way possible... can be a flaw at times.
16. I am a very social person... give me a good group of friends to hang out with and I'll probably do that instead. (See #13)
17. I look forward to Friday the 13th, it's always a good day.
18. I love being a volunteer for worthwhile groups... Film Festival... Mancelona Communities In Schools... Choose Success.
19. I love school improvement, even though right now it doesn't usually affect me and sometimes I get the feeling that they don't think I know what I'm talking about... darn rotation teachers.
20. I don't usually reply to these kinds of messages, but figure I've been tagged like 6 times in the last month, so I will do at least one.
21. I miss my CMU friends... and wish I could see them more often.
22. I believe that laughter is one of the best sounds and medicines! (all natural)
23. I believe that a positive outlook is key... even at the worst of times, when it's truly hard to find.
24. I love to work on my gardens (flowers only).
25. I like to walk my dog early in the morning and miss it terribly right now... side note, I'm a morning person.
What else should be on the list? Hmmmm... I'll keep trying to add to. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment