
Dear Diary,
So one of the joys of being a teacher (especially lower El.) is the funny stuff that kids say...
Since today has not been the most pleasant, I still find this story to be cute. Yesterday afternoon, we were working on our math. I had already asked three times for kids to put their pencils down (seems like a small thing, but.. go with me on this)... One young man had his sleeve wrapped around his hand with his pencil sticking out and was waving his arm around. I (in a my teacher voice) said, " __________ _________ put your pencil on your name tag!" He looked at me and said (quite seriously), "I'm a pirate." (In my head, I thought, are frickin' kidding me) I said, "Well, I guess I need to send you to the office because we don't have pirates in school." He asked why and I told him, " because they are mean." He tried to continue the debate, but I just concluded this discussion (again in my teacher voice) with, "I'm not going there!"
He slowly took his hand out of his sleeve and put his pencil down. I love the things that kids think of.
Here's one more quick one from yesterday too (a truly great day for 'things kids say.' We had read a take off of The 3 Little Pigs. I had asked the kids what they knew about The 3 Little Pigs. One young man, not Pirate B, and said, "Well, they are not cabbages." LMAO! He's right! They are not...

No comments:
Post a Comment