Wednesday, December 23, 2009

"Remember, if Christmas isn't found in your heart, you won't find it under a tree."

Dear Diary,

A friend had pointed out that I hadn't blogged in a while... I think she needs name, Kiki? We'll see what she thinks about that. :)

Anyways, the holiday season is upon us. This is a time to reflect our lives this past year, so as the New Year approaches, we can decide what what changes or tweaks we should/ could make to our lives. But first reflection...

2009 has been a year of 'change.' I'm not just stealing a line from our first african am
erican president, but truly seeing change. I started out the year grateful for such wonderful friends; I'm ending the year grateful for a party that one of those friends had which is where I met RockStar. This coming Sunday we'll be celebrating 10 months together. We are living together and I still haven't freaked out or second-guessed this decision once. He takes care of me and loves me for everything that I am. I love him for that wonderful smile, sparkle in his eyes, and that he can make me laugh ALL the time! (Laughter is VERY important to me)

My friends are still as spicy as ever. Practically every Friday a group of about ten meet at our local watering hole to share is good company, good laughs, and plenty of inside jokes. We've created our own Cheers... What a great feeling when you're with these people. Well, unless they steal your cell phone and change your language. ;)

My family is stronger than ever... well since Grandma died. We had a tragic loss this year. Just days before Halloween, October 28, my cousin Tom died in a car accident. I received a call from Monkey #2 at 7 am. I was already at school. She told me that she was checking the news online and read a story about Thomas Janik dying in a car accident the night before. I told her no, it couldn't be... I hadn't received call from anyone... it just couldn't be true. Well, it was true... I worry so for his mom, dad, sisters, and son. However, through Tom's death our family seems to be closer than it has been in a long time. I love this... and the feeling that we are making more time for each other. I still say an extra prayer for them and keep hoping that their luck will change soon.

I'm grateful to still have a job. I'm not going to deny the fact that going from Middle School Computers to Junior Kindergarten wasn't a major change. This was a boost that I needed... to help show me what I'm capable of doing. From this I also learned that people like to create drama and that 'freedom of speech' is no longer sacred. To them, I think how sad that you only get enjoyment by creating problems for others. I'll say a prayer for you tonight.

This Christmas season I celebrate LOVE. (Last year, I celebrated friendship.) I cherish and honor the people who impact my life... that listen, that share, that cry, that hope, that pray, that add a little magic, that make time to make a difference in the lives of others. Thank you. May this Christmas season find you and bless you with the spirit that is more the presents.

In my classroom, we read a story called, "Snow Wonder We're Friends." On the last page Snowguy reminds us that the most important presents are friends and laughter. Please remember this as the holidays challenge some of the people around us. Try to spread the spirit of Christmas to them and realize that their Scrooge behavior is masking something we can't see.

Merry Christmas!


1 comment:

TB said...

I love you :)I am so glad you are happy and I am so glad our family is closer than ever--even in the time of tragedy, there are good things that happen. Me


This template is brought to you by :AllBlogTools.com Blogger Templates