
Dear Diary,
Well this isn't about 'men' as the quote mentions, but I still felt it was appropriate. The last few weeks one of my cousins, Sparta, has been posting FB updates about her Grandma. It has been a tough battle, where over the weekend it looked like there was a positive swing occuring. Her Grandma was in a regular hospital room, eating regular food, and giving regular sass to family and friends. All were good signs. Then yesterday a post came that she went back to ICU. Final post said that at 4:25, she passed away.
I knew who she was, but was not close to her. However, it doesn't mean that I don't remember how painful that process is. Death is never an easy thing to process, especially when it's a grandparent who you have a close bond with. Sparta has always had close relationships with family. She is amazing like that! In one of her responses to her FB status, she said that this Grandma had written her a letter every week since she was in college; 10 years. What an AMAZING connection/ memory that is!
Death is sad... infuriating... happy... a roller coaster of emotion that one must go through. Because of this, I send my family members affected by the death many thoughts of love and peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment