Dear Diary, Well I have survived my first week in Junior Kindergarten. It was quite a week, but surprisingly not as draining as I thought... until yesterday. However, I do have a VERY strong urge to watch Kindergarten Cop for inspiration.
Things that stand out from the week:
1. I have a boy who isn't potty trained fully, but did a GREAT job this week.
2. I have a little girl who is adorable... She will sit there and make kissing noises. (Yes it is funny that I ask her to stop, but a few seconds later she's doing it again.) However, she doesn't speak up to use the potty. Gotta keep an eye on her.
3. Bear Hugs and Bubbles are a god send! So we added a new one because their cheeks start to hurt from bubbles... so now we have fishy faces.
4. Centers do go well. Only 4 centers... 5 was too many.
5. 4 and 5 years don't listen (which I knew), but I forgot how much they don't listen.
6. Rest time is also a god send! A few moments for the kids to lay down... chill... some really do fall asleep. These kids need a rest, even if they don't take naps anymore, they still need a rest.
7. The elementary staff is a great about supporting me.
[Was hoping for a list of 10, but my mind is at a loss.] It sucks that my allergies kicked in on Friday! I think it made me to be just as cranky as the kids. [I want MY mommy!!!!] LOL! No, when I got home a hug from Rockstar was plenty.

Hopefully [and soon] my classroom will have a better flow. That the kids will listen to directions. I look forward to the kids following the classroom routine, which is starting. This is a big wake up call for me. I feel like a first year teacher, but... oh well. I will survive!

No comments:
Post a Comment