Dear Diary, Wow! Is it already the end of summer vacation? I can't believe how time has flown. This summer has been such an amazing adventure and I don't regret a single thing. If we think about the quote, then I let down some of my walls and open the door to relationships. Since I was able to let love in, literally and figuratively, I have discovered a happiness that I didn't know or understand. Rockstar moved in right as school ended... we've been going, going, going ever since. There have been camping trips and barbecues; each I was thinking, "Okay. This will be the test. I will have a freak out moment." That hasn't happened yet. Yes, we have snipped at each other and I have said stupid things, but that's it. I haven't questioned my decision to move this quickly with Rockstar.
Things we have accomplished this summer: two camping trips (Paradise and Mill Creek in Mackinaw City), taught summer school, added shelves in the shed (still need to do one more), put up a chain link fence for our dogs (still have to do the top rails), lots of disc golf, lots of time with friends, a BBQ to celebrate us, had a garage sale, volunteered for the Film Festival, went out on a boat a few times, Zoophonics training for me (which meant school shopping for TamTam and I), LOTS of time in my new classroom... All in all, a VERY busy summer, but so much fun!
Are there things that weren't done? Of course! I was hoping that the shelves in the basement would have been done by now, I was hoping we would have done a few more day trips, I was hoping to have a few more BBQ's with friends... Are any of these major? NO!
I'm very excited with where my life is going and has been. Rockstar makes me SOOO happy. We've had lots of little things go wrong lately, but nothing that time and money can't fix. (Loki sprayed by skunk, garage door doesn't work, box o' kittens dropped off at our house, Rockstars struts went out)
With this quick sum up of where I've been this summer, I look forward to the start of a new school year. It will be VERY tiring, but I'm excited about the challenge. It's a chance for me to test myself and see what I'm truly capable of. I feel prepared, but will feel better once my classroom is completed. I'm sure the blog posts will be: entertaining, sad, frustrating, a plethora of emotions.
2 weeks left of summer and still plenty to do: Put up a friends fence, rugby to watch, microbrew festival, and hopefully a chance to relax together. Hope you're able to enjoy what remains in your summer!

No comments:
Post a Comment