
Dear Diary,
Today I talked with my Tam-Tam. (Which, PS, congrats to her and her husband. On the same day that they signed papers to sell their house, they also found out that they were expecting another bundle of joy. I'm so excited for them!) Anyways, one of the reasons I love Tam is because she will call me out on things... in a nice way. There are a few people who are able to do this with me. Right now, only two, okay three people, come to mind.
I'm more than willing to talk about issues, but don't always include the full story. These three people are able to "see" when I'm hiding details (I thought I could hide inside myself) and will ask the right questions to get these hidden pieces out of me. Others, will just call me a dumb-ass and bluntly point out what's wrong, then talk at (yes, AT) me like "I don't know." ;) And yes, the "put on your big girl panties and deal with it" approach does serve its purpose. I can appreciate that approach... but these three know when I need a more subtle approach. When this technique is used correctly, I find that I tend to get a little weepy (and I HATE crying in front of people). It's not because I feel guilty or am mad at them or a situation, but because they have gotten me to reflect on something that I was not able to necessarily see on my own or was in denial about.
Anyways, Tam is great! We take turns listening to and enjoying the stories from our own lives... Hearing about Quinn and his love of "bat ball" is good stuff... rehashing memories of college days... comparing stories of school situations. Bird Walk... Recently, I found out that she was super concerned about me for a while... seeing signs of depression in me the last couple of years. Now, she loves to hear stories about the 'Ho-goers; which I think she probably is concerned that we have too much of a good time too often. (And I know she's not the only one worried about me... Don't worry, I'm not out of control.) The last couple of phone conversations she's told me, "Why buy the cow, when you can get the milk for free?" (Sorry diary you know why she said this, but I'm not putting details out there. I have a feeling someone has been breaking into my diary and reading it.)
First of all, I've never been a fan of this phrase mainly because of the word "cow." But the quote does make sense and will be in the back of my mind. She tells me this because I know she cares about me and doesn't want me to put myself in a situation where I might get hurt. I will be aware and... well, I'm not sure what I'll do. Being aware is the key issue and I do know where/ what it could lead to.
Thanks Tammy! I love you too!

No comments:
Post a Comment