Sunday, February 22, 2009

If you do not understand my words, you will not understand my silence.

Dear Diary,

Ahhh, a lovely sunny Sunday morning... Things I needed to do today:

1. Snow blowing is a MUST!
2. Make Artichoke Dip (for Amanda's)
3. CLEAN... CLEAN... CLEAN!

However, a early morning phone call from mom interrupted those plans. "I have a full tank of gas and was thinking about going to Horizons for coffee and wandering around. Wanna go?" How could I pass up a request like that? The sun was out and I hadn't hung out with mom in a while. So I cleaned up and off we went. It was a pleasant start to the day.

We got our scone and coffee... sat in the front window and enjoyed a little coffee talk, flipping through the Express and Men's Edition of Grand Traverse Woman (looking for pics of Budha's makeover). Then off to look at books... the clearance basement is always a lot of fun. I found a couple of books for the kids at school and mom found one that looked interesting...
Notorius Victoria - Uncensored story of Victoria Woodhull. I also bought a copy of Barack Obama's Inaugural Address, but it also had in it Lincoln's Inaugural Addresses, and a poem by Emerson.

Then it was back home again... By this time it was 12:30. Hmmmm, time to snow blow! [Can't you just hear the excitement in my voice?] It actually was easier than I thought. We had about a foot of new snow, plus what the plows put in my driveway. But you know me, some good tunes and I happy doing whatever. [I wonder if someone I knew saw me snow blowing while I was dancing too, what would they think? Oh wait, it doesn't matter... LOL!]

One last thing that HAD to be tackled from the "to do" list... make a dish to pass for the potluck tonight. Artichoke dip it is (even though someone brought a better looking one, oh well). After getting all cleaned up, it was off to Northland to pick up the missing ingredients and some caffine to take with me... No drinky-drinky for me, need to be fresh for Monday! Countdown is on... Just over an hour before I'm picked up for the potluck... Throw indgredients in a bowl and MIX. Voila! Done!

Of course in the meantime a couple of quick chats with Mr. Quiet [I'm just as guilty]. Who's this? Don't worry, you'll hear more about him soon, I'm sure. Hehehe! Until then diary, even though I didn't get everything done on my to do list, I have a good weekend. Could have done without the killer shot on Friday night, but otherwise good stuff was going on.

No comments:


This template is brought to you by :AllBlogTools.com Blogger Templates