Monday, January 19, 2009

Good girls are bad girls who don't get caught.


Dear Diary,

So today as I decided it was time for a piece of chocolate from Mrs. B. She has the secret stash, which includes Doves Promises. I love these little candies, granted I'm not a chocoloholic... but I love the little sayings inside each one. When I opened today's chocolate the message I got was, "Naughty can be nice."


I thought that this was an interesting quote... yes, the sexual innuendo is completely obvious. However, to me it's also a reminder of that sometimes I need to relax and loosen up. I'm so much the control freak... I have a hard time just going with the flow... letting "nature takes it's course." Maybe that's why I appreciate my friends who are able to just look at a situation and laugh it off or say "Whatever." For example, this past Saturday friends asked me to go to Mt. Holiday for $15 skiing; it included a lesson, your renta
ls, and your lift ticket. However, that would mean me potentially making a fool out of myself. I'm fine when it's my choice to be a fool. I'm very careful never to get too outside myself. I don't want to be the one that everyone is telling stories about the next day. I know it's good to loosen up, but it's something tha tI really struggle with. DD would try to get me to go outside my comfort zone, but the best he got was me trying sushi... What do you know, I liked it.

So mental note to self... "Naughty can be nice." Step outside your comfort zone and just see what happens by not over thinking a situation... experience it for what it is and who knows, maybe it'll be something you like.



Dear Diary,

I just had to write to you quickly. I was reading my morning paper and here's what my horoscope read: You don't exactly know what you're doing. This is an overwhelmingly positive dynamic. It means you're taking risks, stretching yourself and living to your potential. Lead with confidence and the rest falls into place.

Now I don't know about you, but that fits directly to my entry last night. I know that horoscopes are questionable, that they really don't predict much. However, sometimes they find a way to connect directly. This was connection for today and yesterday.

No comments:


This template is brought to you by :AllBlogTools.com Blogger Templates